Work and Research
Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Software Robustness and Market Design
Nowadays, Machine Learning (ML) is used in a wide variety of software systems. Unfortunately, ML algorithms may not always produce the desired results, which can lead to failures of systems relying on ML. This is particularly dangerous in safety critical systems such as self driving cars or medical applications.
My current research is focused on the design, development and analysis of tools and methodologies for software engineers to detect and handle such ML based uncertainties and errors.
I completed my BSc and MSc studies in Informatics under the supervision of Prof. Sven Seuken at the University of Zurich (CH), which included exchange semesters at the Radboud University Nijmegen (NL) and at the University of New South Wales / Data61 (AUS). My research conducted during these studies considered topics in the intersection of computation and economics, in particular on one-sided matching markets and combinatorial auctions.
After graduation, I collected valuable practical experience while working as Software Developer and later as Senior Software Developer at Confinale AG. In Spring 2019, I started my PhD Studies at the Università della Svizzera italiana (CH) working on the ERC funded Precrime Project, led by Prof. Paolo Tonella
Honours and Achievements
- Highest grade of all MSc in Informatics graduates at the University of Zurich (grad. period Feb’16 to Oct’17).
- Invited to present my MSc Thesis at INFORMS 2016 in Nashville (US).
- Awarded scholarships for exchange semesters at the Radboud University Nijmegen (NL) and the University of New South Wales (AUS).
I am / was a teaching assistant for the following classes:
- Programming Fundamentals 2, Spring 2020, Università della Svizzera italiana
- Seminar Series of the Software Institute, 2020, Università della Svizzera italiana
- Advanced Java Programming, Fall 2019, Università della Svizzera italiana
- Applied Artificial Intelligence, Spring 2016, University of Zurich
- Economics and Computation, Fall 2014, University of Zurich